Monday, 10 November 2014

Blog Updates

I haven't posted in a while as I wanted to spend time organising and improving the layout the blog and LFWW communities.

My blog now features a War Memorial page listing other memorials that commemorate Wombwell soldiers. I have now identified around 260 of the 324 men on the St. Mary's memorial. You can find links to their individual CWGC page here. Eventually all their military details will be added to a list of The Fallen.

Wombwell Cemetery

I have photographed 53 head stones in Wombwell cemetery that either mark the burial of a first world war soldier or bear an inscription commemorating a soldier. The War Graves page no longer opens directly on to Wombwell cemetery but instead features a link to Hemmingfield and Jump Cemetery as well as Wombwell Cemetery. This is because there are several soldiers on the St. Mary's memorial buried at Jump.  The pages are still  a work in progress so when new information is added I will make a new blog post announcing it.

I have created the following communities on Lives of the First World War.
Wombwell Soldiers Remembered
Wombwell War Graves
Jump War Memorial
Jump and Hemmingfield Cemetery

 Now I have identified the majority of the men I hope to start adding biographical details to their profiles soon. Any one can add to their life stories. - And it has been great to see when that some of the men I have been adding have already had information or even a photo attached to their profile by a family member or other researcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment