There is only a couple of weeks left to see the "Road to War" Exhibition at Experience Barnsley. It finishes on 11th January 2015. So make sure you visit this Christmas holiday - if you haven't seen it already.
![]() |
| Wallet and cap badge Which belonged to Raymond Hudson |
The exhibitions is filled with many interesting artifacts relating to Barnsley soldiers. Readers of this blog might be fascinated to learn that there are items belonging to two Wombwell soldiers on display. Raymond Hudson's cap badge and wallet can be seen in one cabinet and a hand written letter to Cooper Allen Robinson mother, informing her of his death can be viewed in another.
![]() |
| Letter of condolence and medals of Cooper Allen Robinson |
Before I started this blog, I had the pleasure of being invited to the exhibition opening, back in September. Which was also attended by the Mayor of Barnsley and MP Dan Jarvis. I have loaned Experience Barnsley items that once belonged to my great great uncle Raymond Hudson, as well as some photographs that were used in the slide projection by the door. I also lent them other artifacts such as photographs, postcards, news clippings and letters that were not used. I am looking forward to getting them back so I can start putting them on my blog.



No comments:
Post a Comment